COVID-19 (Conoravirus) UPDATES
UPDATED December 9, 2020
ATTENTION: Beginning on Monday, December 14, 2020, the Tuscaloosa Housing Authority main office and site offices will be closed to public until further notice due to the increasing number of Coronavirus cases in our area. If you need assistance our staff is available to assist you! Please visit our office directory for a complete listing.
The health and well-being of our residents, staff and the community is very important to us. THA will continue taking measured actions to limit the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Please continue to monitor this page for additional updates.
- On December 14, 2020, THA offices were closed to the public due to increasing number of Coronavirus cases in our area.
- August 10, 2020 – Supervised Learning Programs are available to school-age children this fall at no cost. Click HERE for additional information.
- On Tuesday, May 26, 2020, THA will re-open to the public with limited access. Please read this VISITOR NOTICE prior to your visit.
- On May 18, 2020, THA will implement a PHASED RETURN TO NORMAL OPERATIONS. Our doors will reopen to the public on May 26 at 8:30AM.
- The State of Alabama created the Altogether Alabama website to assist individuals and businesses who have been impacted by COVID-19.
- HUD recently published a FLYER to address tenant concerns regarding rent and the temporary suspension of evictions due to non-payment of rent.
- Comcast is offering affordable internet service. Internet Essentials is a program for families and other low-income households who currently do not subscribe to Internet at home. New customers will receive the first two months free, and will pay only $9.95/ month thereafter. No contract, no credit check, no installation fee! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Have you lost your job, been laid off, or have reduced income? Please complete and submit the INTERIM CHANGE FORM and your rent will be adjusted accordingly. You can also CLICK HERE to file an unemployment claim with the Alabama Department of Labor.
- With the number of coronavirus cases in Tuscaloosa County steadily climbing, city officials are asking for the public’s help in determining the areas of town that need the most assistance. Please CLICK HERE to take a brief survey.
- Have you been impacted by COVID-19 and need assistance with food, shelter, or other basic needs? Please contact the United Way of West Alabama by dialing 211 for a unique code, and then CLICK HERE to complete an online application. The United Way has also published a COMMUNITY RESOURCE GUIDE for your convenience.
- Beginning Monday, April 13, 2020, the city and county schools will be providing meals for children at various times and locations – CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.
- Coronavirus testing is available at the MAUDE WHATLEY HEALTH CLINIC by appointment only. Please call (205) 614-6240 to schedule an appointment.
- Beginning April 4, 2020 at 5PM, the State of Alabama will implement a state-wide, STAY-AT-HOME ORDER. The order will last until April 30, 2020, unless extended.
- On April 2, 2020, THA published this COVID-19 UPDATE which includes important information for THA’s public housing residents.
- Effective Monday, March 30, 2020, THA will be operating at LEVEL III of the Tuscaloosa Housing Authority COVID-19 ACTION PLAN. THA will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Beginning Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 10PM, the city will implement a city-wide, 24-hour curfew, based on the Mayor’s EXECUTIVE ORDER. The curfew will last until April 11, 2020, unless extended. THA is considered an essential business and will continue to assist public housing residents, Section 8 clients, landlords, and community partners by phone and via email during this time.
- Beginning Friday, March 27, 2020, the city will implement a city-wide curfew based on the Mayor’s EXECUTIVE ORDER from 10PM to 5AM, 7 days a week.
- On March 24, 2020, THA published this COVID-19 UPDATE which includes important information for THA’s public housing residents,
Section 8 clients and Section 8 landlords.
- On March 20, 2020, THA published this COVID-19 UPDATE which includes important information for THA’s public housing residents.
- On March 16, 2020, THA shared a COVID-19 ACTION PLAN with employees. THA is currently operating at LEVEL II.
Stay informed! Click on the links provided below for addition information and resources.
Alabama Department of Public Health – Coronavirus Updates
Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) – Coronavirus Updates
City of Tuscaloosa – Coronavirus Updates
Tuscaloosa County – Coronavirus Updates
DCH Drive-Thru Testing – Coronavirus Updates
United Way of West Alabama Community Resource Guide
Alabama Department of Labor – Coronavirus Updates